A few months back, Kathy L Wheeler suggested we attend a Fresh Fiction event in Allen, Texas called Boas and Tiaras. I didn’t know what to expect, and I am ANYTHING other than a boa and tiara kind of gal, but I’m always (almost always) up for a road trip with my peeps, especially if it involves an author event.
While it turned out to be a very long day (I left my house at 6:45 a.m. and arrived home at 11 p.m.), and there were positives and negatives, overall, I would call it a success.
First, the negatives:
- Amanda McCabe wasn’t there to round out our foursome, since she had the nerve to move to New Mexico, without our prior approval, I might add.
- We didn’t sell any books.
- It took up an entire day that I could have gotten some editing and writing done
Hmmm….that’s it. Now, the positives.
- Spending time with the other two Martini Club 4 girls, Krysta Scott and Kathy L Wheeler. (Even though this picture clearly shows they like one another more than they like me)
- Meeting new author and reader friends.
- Sharing a table with the wonderful Cathy Maxwell. She was a doll, so warm and friendly, and she gave us some nice little goodies, including a few of her books. They look fantastic, and I can’t wait to read them.
- The awesome Q&A with Cathy Maxwell and Deeanne Gist. Both ladies were delightful and funny and encouraging.
- And last but not least…Photo Booth!